Hi guys, I know I have not updated for a while but I am back in full effect ready to show you all the restaurants I have been to this summer. One amazing restaurant I have visited this summer is Guanabana which is a Latin Caribbean restaurant based in the heart of Camden. If you know me you would know that I love caribbean food so if you and I are just alike then keep reading.
There are so many great restaurants in the camden area, but not as great as Guanabana. Guanabana is known for its delicious caribbean dishes, so it was only right my friends and I experieneced it for ourselves.
Guanabana’s menu includes a range of different types of carribean food from jerk chicken to curry goat…there is certainly something for everyone.
The scenery and atmosphare is absouloutly amazing filled with vibrant cusomers and workers who are willing to give you the best customer expereince. The resturant has a very nice vintage look to it and also has lovely pictures and art to compliment it.
The 3 main courses that were ordered:
- Camdens famous wood coal grilled half jerk chicken, served with rice and peas accompanied with salad and plantain £14.90
- Curry Goat, served with rice and peas acompanied with plantain £15.90
- Oxtail Butter Bean Stew, served with plain rice accompanied with salad and plantain £15.90
All of the dishes were well presented and tasted very lovely, the only thing on my plate that did not tickle my fancy was the salad and the dressing, It was a little bit too bitter and plain so if you happen to pop by Gunanabana I would avoid getting the salad. With that said the resturant unfortunatley do not sell alcoholic beverages, but not to worry they have some tasty Mojitos to compensate that. The mojto my friends and I got was the Gunanabana Mojito which includes the Guanabana fruit, fresh lime, lychee juice, fresh mint, brown sugar and soda.
- The resturant cater to people who do not eat meat
- Not too busy on Wedensdays
- Resturant do not sell alcoholic beverages
- WIFI available
- Parking restrictions apply
- The Curry Goat and Rice wins it for me
Where: 85 Kentish Town Road, Camden. London NW1 8NY